PHONE: (859) 792-3531

Floodplain Enforcement

The code enforcement office is available to assist residents on identifying hazardous flood areas as outlined by FEMA.

Flood insurance is mandatory for homeowners living in a FEMA-mapped 100-year floodplain if they have a mortgage from a federally backed or regulated lender. If you feel there is a mistake in the mapping or assigned flood rating it is possible to submit a letter of map amendment (LOMA or LOMC) to the Federal Government. To do this you will need a surveyor to identify the Base Flood Elevation (BFE) points on your property (Elevation Certificate).

Creek Gravel and Rock

ANY acts that disturb streams such as removing or drudging gravel and rock, re-routing or other physical disturbances to a stream require a Water Quality Certification permit from the State.